Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Luckett's Weekend



Once again, my most favorite time of year....Luckett's Spring Market, a weekend of antiquing and shopping!  

 Unfortunately this year the weather did not cooperate and the fields were a big muddy mess!!!  In fact, if you didn't have four wheel drive you most likely had to be pushed out of the field by Saturday afternoon.  No problem for us, but look at this guy!  Yikes!

 I didn't take many photos this year because it took my full concentration to stay out of the mud and mess, but I did leave with arm loads of stuff and a happy heart!

This year we were very thankful to my son-in-law, Matt for babysitting.  He usually comes along and is a great shopper, as well as the 2 year old, however this year we knew we would be up against rain and mud and he volunteered to stay home with Lila.  We were very thankful for that.  She would not have lasted long.

Of the things I was specifically looking for, I struck out but I managed to find stuff that I didn't know I was looking for.  I came away with some succulents, some beautiful linens, an obelisk for the garden and a vintage sand shovel.

In addition to the shopping I was able to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter.  So the weekend was definitely wonderful!  The rain was just a minor inconvenience.

Bring on the summer!!!


No comments: