Friday, January 19, 2007

First Entry

In my effort to fill the empty nest I am trying new things and doing things just for me. I miss Molly a lot but I have found things to keep me busy. I go to a book club and read real books, imagine that, when asked what the last thing I read, I no longer have to answer “Harry Potter”. I am reading real, grown up books.

My creative efforts go to scrap booking. I no longer use my soap kitchen to make soap, I grew tired of that and now my soap kitchen is filled with scrap booking supplies. I can’t imagine that I will ever use that horrible corporate stuff again, but I don’t see me out at shows selling soap anymore either so I am putting the space to good use. I am just making soap for family and friends. I am keeping a record of Molly’s life with lovely scrap book layouts for the past three years. I have plans to get caught up with her freshmen year at college soon.

Thursday nights is Bible Study and of course part of my paid job includes being at church meetings each month so my days and nights are pretty busy. In addition, Molly is a cheerleader and I’ve been going to the boys basketball games.

No comments: