Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's in the Details!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I've started getting ready for Thanksgiving!  I will have 16 at my table(s) this year.  My favorite part about Thanksgiving is the planning and getting ready.  Not so much about the cooking and clean-up!This weekend I am ironing tablecloths and napkins, polishing silver and making sure I have enough serving pieces and dishes.  

This afternoon I have been finishing up with the silver. I enjoy polishing silver (not in a bring your silver over for me to polish sort of way, but like in a I like the sparkle and imagining previous Thanksgiving's that my vintage silver may have attended sort of way.    Even ironing is enjoyable most of the time....I guess it's the details that I enjoy.  Any one else identifying with me? 



No comments: