Thursday, April 5, 2007

Hyacinths


Yesterday was a beautiful day and I had a dentist appointment so instead of playing in the gardens I did some shopping after my appointment. One of the things I bought was a beautiful hyacinth. I love the fragrance of hyacinths. It reminds me of Easter since those are the Easter flowers I grew up with…and of course Easter reminds me of chocolate and that is a good thing too.

My plant is sitting on the table next to my chair and the fragrance fills the room. I love the promise of spring as everything becomes new again.

So for this week my favorite flower is a hyacinth. I am looking forward to going to church on Easter because the church will smell like hyacinths, tulips and lilies.

Here is a photo of my hyacinth. I will plant it outside after it dies and next year it will be part of the garden.

No comments: