Friday, September 26, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Today I'm going to show my fall decorations.  My sister was here a couple weeks ago and while I spent an afternoon cooking, she decorated my mantle and my living room.  Here are a few pictures:  

living room fall (824 x 618) living room fall 3kitchen fall Tomorrow  I hope  to take all the pink off my front porch and get it ready for fall...  I just might make a fall banner.

In Pennsylvania we have 4 seasons and although I really don't like winter much at all, each of the seasons have things about it that I really look forward to.  Here is my list for fall.

the warm colors

the smell of burning leaves

fall sports

fires in the fireplace

shopping for sweaters and fall clothes

crockpot cooking

roasted chestnuts

What are your favorite things about fall?

11 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

She did a great job! Your mantel and all your decor turned out wonderful.

Kathi said...

What a sweet sister you have and what a lovely job she did. Kathi

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Well, how sweet of your sister! It looks wonderful. I posted my 20 favorite things about fall right before this show and tell if you are interested!

Anonymous said...

I really like the pillar candle with the garland around it - she did a great job!

Manuela

Susan said...

I like your fall list. We have 4 seasons in Oklahoma, too, but our summers are very hot and we don't have a lot of snow in the winter like some parts of the country.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Love your decorations, we in Scotland don't change our decor with the seasons. Maybe we should, although all our seasons seem to have become one, not much difference between them.

Joan Fricker said...

Kay, your fall decorations look great! Lindy did a very nice job.

We also notice a big difference in the 4 seasons in Indiana and I look forward to fall because:

1. My canning is about over for the year.
2. My gardening is about over for the year.
3. The beautiful colors are almost breath taking.
4. Great time to ride the motorcycle.
5. Fall is a much more relaxing time of year.

Those are probably my top 5 today, but that could change tomorrow.

Joan

Kathy said...

So pretty! How nice to have a sister to help you out. Both my sisters live too far away.
Kathy

Lady Katherine said...

Your sister must love you a lot to do the decorating. Also at the garage sale, I saw a print I'd like to have. Ha

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful mantle! i wonder if that sister of your's has a daughter that helped her too? hmmm.

i only have one thing for my list: tailgating at psu games!

love you auntie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

WEll, I think you & Lindy should go into the interior design business...lovely mantel. And yes, Autumn & Winter are my favorite of the 4 seasons.
Why I like fall...the briliant colors of the fall leaves
I love pumpkins, gourds and all the fall decorations
I love the cool crisp air
I like the critters surrying around getting ready for winter
And, I love PA Dutch apple dumplings!

Have a good one!