Monday, June 13, 2016

The Lazy Gardener

Last week Mr. Kay and I went shopping for a utility vehicle that we could use at the pond for entertainment, etc.  It's something that we had talked about and finally I found one that looked cute and had relatively low miles (hours) and was in my price range.  I talked to the salesman and he offered to let me drive a few.  Yep, the old bait and switch.  Ya go in for an old beat up machine and walk out the proud owner of a gator that can go 45 mph.   I'm sure we didn't need all that power, but I have found that it zips up to the pond as quickly as my Jeep!  And also, it is a perfect accessory for a lazy gardener!    I can pull weeds, then load the bucket into the bed of the Gator and fly on down to the compost pile in no time.  Yesterday I put all my tools in the back and used the bed as a potting table.  I'm definitely not a fan of the color combination...  I don't like the Pittsburgh Steelers for the same reason (ugly colors).  But I am impatient and since they could deliver this one the next day.....  I'll get used to it.

We are still discussing how and where we are going to store it!  Mr. Kay has been talking about building another garage for a couple years now, I have ignored him so far, but he might have a good idea after all....  Ever notice how one thing leads to another and before you know it......well, you know!    Anyhow, this girl is a quite happy with her purchase!  

No comments: