Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Feeling the Stress


I've got a bunch of boxes cluttering the kitchen and living room.... I haven't finished the decorating yet nor have I baked a cookie. I bought chocolate for dipping a couple weeks ago before the stress kicked in and haven't dipped anything yet. I still have shopping to do also... I haven't done any decorating in the dining room yet and since some of us will be eating in there in one week's time I feel the need to clean and decorate in there. I just don't know when it will all happen.


I am busy at my "big girl job", our secretary retired last month and we haven't replaced her so I'm doing her job as well as my own and since I am working full time now, I am finding that I sure don't have as much time at home to just "play" any more! I am going to leave early tomorrow and hopefully finish up my Christmas shopping and start on the grocery shopping. The weather is also going to be part of the challenge of the next week. The weatherman said it will be nice tomorrow and again on Saturday and next Tuesday....it is a 30 minute trip to a decent grocery store and the mall, so I have to plan that around the weather reports.


I still manage to have time to read blogs and saw a beautiful collage on one last night, it inspired me to make one of my own, I don't have anything special on my coffee table in the sunroom (I was planning on a pink poinsettia that didn't happen) and so I put this together. I wrote Christmas cards earlier this week when I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep! How does stress affect you? I've never been good at sleeping.


Ok, I'm off to tweak the grocery list...is anyone else having trouble getting it together this year?



5 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Kay, with your busy schedule I see where you can get behind. I hear the frustration in your post. Having lost my job, I have the time, but lack the umph to get it done. I also have not done my baking yet, and am having friends and family over Sunday for our annual tour of eachothers decorated homes. My home is the host one this year. I do find myself ging to bed later than usual, so that seems to be when I get things accomplished.
Keep us the good work Kay, it will get better!

Laurie said...

Oh! Your grouping is so pretty. I love your choices, very calming!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kay! Oh, it sounds like you've been quite busy! Don't feel alone, I don't have my tree up, I'm not finished shopping, on and on it goes! But I'm honored that my little tablescape would inspire you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Kay, you certainly are not alone. I still don't have my trees up or my shopping done, nor have I sent one card. I haven't even made out my grocery list yet.

We have had a bad ice storm, so I certainly won't be going out to shop.

But, when it comes down to it, there is only one IMPORTANT thing and that to celebrate the birth of our Lord. I just refuse to get stressed over it all!

Anonymous said...

You'll know the stress is really bad when you *eat* the dipping chocolate. =)

You know what's really important about the season, so cut yourself some slack, and if something doesn't get done, know it isn't really a big deal. =)