Saturday, December 6, 2008

New Chandelier




My floors are finished and I started putting things back together last night. I thought a new night stand would be a good idea so I went to the local furniture store to see if they might have something. All my furniture is white so I'm rather limited and around here everyone still loves country so shabby chic is unheard of! I struck out with the night stand but I did see a cute little chandelier that I thought I could find a place for. I brought it home and decided that it might look cute in the kitchen above the sink. But before we hung it I decided I needed a differnt set of curtains in there so today we went shopping. We shopped all day and I didn't get a single Christmas gift. I did get a curtain that turned out to be to long, I think it would look better with the rod dropped about 12 inches or so and the curtains should be rehemmed. I'll put that on my "to do"list.


Editor's Note: When I said I want to drop the curtain rod... there are 2 curtain rods one for the valance and one that is a cafe style curtain underneath the valance. That is the one I thought should be shorter but my sister says she likes it as is and that saves me some work so I guess I'll leave it and maybe add a tie back on either side of the cafe curtain.


2 comments:

Laurie said...

That is so pretty Kay, what a beautiful find. It just looks like it belonged there all along!
Laurie

Mom of 2 Roses said...

I love your chandelier. I have one up but it's not connected to anything. I can't find the chain that goes with. I think yours is much prettier than mine but we did put it in the same place.
How's the room coming along?
Hugs,
Laurie