Monday, February 22, 2016

Signs of Spring!

Today my sister posted this photo from the home where I grew up, she is living there now.  She lives less than a mile from me, so this is almost in my own backyard!  Anyhow, I remember as a much younger child enjoying these flowers as one of the first signs of spring.  My mother would always point them out as soon as they bloomed.  We called them snow drops I think.

A sign that I always look for is the robins to come back.  I have a big old crab apple tree right outside my sun room window and as soon as they come back, they start eating the crab apples.  I actually looked for them this afternoon at lunch time.  The sun was shining and it was feeling kind of "springy" to me.  I haven't seen any robins yet, but it is usually the last week in February that I start to see them again.   Have you noticed that its still daylight at 6 pm?

Have you been checking off your sure signs of spring? 

No comments: