Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day!! This morning we went to our town's Memorial Day Services as we do every year. My husband is in the color guard and for many years my daughter played in the high school band and then became the drum major. This year we were both just spectators.

I had a picnic at noon, my daughter's boyfriend met her grandparents. I have been eating all day! We had a perfect day for a picnic but we ate inside with the windows open since my father is 92 and has trouble negotiating any steps etc... The dishes are still in the sink, after everyone left I sat down and haven't gotten up yet. DH left for the 1.5 hr. trip to his job and Molly had to work this evening too. So, it’s just me and the dogs relaxing and puttering around the house.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy day!!! The speaker this morning challenged us all to go out and have a nice time at our picnics but to remember that the picnics are possible because of the brave men and women who have fought in the past to keep our country free.

No comments: