Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Swap




My Crazy Quilters for Newbies Yahoo Group had a Christmas swap trading supplies. I am a true newbie, I’ve done a few small pieces and I dream of bigger and better things but am not experienced enough to feel comfortable with any of the round robins or swaps where you actually swap your work. I have been mostly accumulating embellishments and fibers to play with and I’ve had a great time doing it. The swap was for supplies and you could even ask for a particular color. I asked for pink and the person who sent me stuff was Karen K from Arizona. She sent me such wonderful stuff…. an abundance of lovely things. I can’t wait to start using everything….I am so excited about the little charms she sent, a sweet little sewing machine and such a tiny cat….buttons ribbon, thread, motifs and fabrics galore. I just love everything and am so blessed to have gotten such a wonderful package to add to my stash.

Thank you Karen for everything…. I love it all!!!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with Kay, be sure to post and let us see! There is no such thing as a mistake in crazy quilting, it's all beautiful in the end!!
Laurie

Karen said...

I am so glad I could make your stash grow, especially from one pink lover to another!! You were so easy to gather goodies for since you like pink. Hope you have fun playing. Happy New Year. Karen K

Joan Fricker said...

Kay, it looks like you are going to have lots of fun playing with your new stuff.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Joan

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I laughed at your painting the cabinets. Been there, done that. A Black and White Kitchen would be fantastic! I have a little black in every room. It is supposed to make everything more elegant! Have a good week and please, keep me posted IF he paints!!!