Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Apron


As some of you know, I have been looking for aprons to add to my small collection. Well, not really a collection yet, but I've got an empty space next to my pantry and thought aprons hanging there would look nice. So.... I've been looking for some vintage aprons and I have been considering some new aprons that look like vintage aprons but I haven't wanted to spend $40 for the pretty ones I've seen.


I told my mother about my plans for some lovely vintage aprons and she surprised me at Christmas by giving me her "Thanksgiving" apron. I call it her "Thanksgiving" apron because every Thanksgiving she invited all my aunts and uncles and cousins for a Thanksgiving meal and she always wore that apron. Of course she wore it on many other occasions but I do remember her wearing it every Thanksgiving. The "Thanksgiving" apron was lovingly washed and ironed by mother before she wrapped it and now hangs next to my pantry (in the middle) with another apron I found at a flea market. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

miss carole said...

Well, I love the flowery aprons, Miss Kay! These two go with your lovely, feminine kitchen so well. I intend to make at least an apron for every day beginning this Spring. Wish me luck! 'Bye-'bye...