Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of Spring



Yesterday was the first day of spring and the weather here in PA was beautiful so it put me in the mood for some hyacinths and off I went in search of some. I went to a lovely shop in a town about a half hour from me because every year at about Philadelphia Flower Show time they have a beautiful display of some sort, so instead of a day at the Flower Show, I soak up some spring at the Mifflinburg Farm Home Store (ok, I forget the name of it, but I know where it is). Most of the floor space was taken up by the lovely display and although there were hyacinths blooming in the display, there were none for sale. I thought I'd try another more local shop and forgot to stop on my way home, so this week for sure, I'll be looking for hyacinths again.




Next to the check out was this lovely basket of herbs with a bunny, some cute carrots and Easter Eggs. I loved the display but it cost $60 and since herbs don't do well in low light and it is another month or two until we can actually plant outside I decided to pass and not even try to replicate it in my own basket.




I did some more shopping and had a great day, even met my sister and neice for dinner.




1 comment:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Aren't those flowers absolutely lovely!!
I enjoy hyacinths too, the fragrance is heavenly!
:)
~Becca~