Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thinking about....






another project. This year for Christmas my husband gave me a nice big flat screen plasma TV and I decided to put it in the living room so I can watch it and enjoy the gas fireplace at the same time. Since I have been spending a lot of time in this room all winter I have been thinking about repainting and some changes in there. This past weekend I painted one of the walls and now I'm living with it and looking at it at different times of day to see if I like it. The color I picked is "pink".... that may seem a bit odd to some of you, but then quite a few of my blog readers most likely already have a pink living room and wouldn't find pink to be odd at all.....






I wasn't sure I would like pink with the brick in the fireplace, but I actually think the pink looks just fine with the brick.....what do you think? Here is the pink and the "before" yellow.






6 comments:

stefanie said...

I love it, I really like it better!!!

pineapple_ing said...

I think... there's nothing *ever* wrong with pink. Just my 2 cents.
Hugs, ~ Ing

♥Frann♥ said...

♥WHT A LOVELY BLOG,I ENJOYED SO MUCH READ SUM OF THE POSTS,CONGRATS.A GREAT SATURDAY AND GOD BLESS♥

~ Lindy ~ said...

kay....as i look at the photos and colors again... i really think the pink sort of 'fades' and just doesn't stand out or 'pop' like the yellow or perhaps another color would. keep sampling some other colors before you make a final decision. (as you probably already have the entire room painted!!) :) see you soon!

kay said...

I like the pink! It's soft and fresh for Spring and Summer. I'm a pink girl too and I've been thinking about doing something like that in our family room. Now I will have to give it a try. I love your blog! :)

Tolentreasures said...

I like the pink! We put our tv over the fireplace. I was against it at first, but now I think I like it.

Cathy