Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day Basket



Happy May Day....  I thought this day would never get here, but here in Central PA we finally have some beautiful spring weather.  Being the first day of May, what better time than to pick some flowers and gift them to a special friend. 

Our Women's Ministry at church exchanged names and are remembering each other each month with a little surprise.  My "secret sister" received this May basket today!   Shhhhhhh, I don't think she reads my blog. 

I made the bloom box out of some old wooden fencing designed to go around a border.  The pieces of wood were just the right size to nail together to form a little box.  I then added a wire hanger and a plastic drinking cup to contain the flowers.   The tag you can find at Skip to my Lou. I have one of these hanging on my gate all summer and I cut whatever's growing in the garden at the time.

Happy May!

No comments: