Monday, March 2, 2009

Spring Break



This week is spring break at my daughter’s college and so I took the day off work to hang out with her. This was the only day of the week she could fit me in! She likes to eat at Olive Garden and there is one about an hour from our home so we combined that trip with some shopping. That’s the other thing she likes to do with me because after all we have that huge tree out back filled with money!!!!




We started our day at Macy's on the slim chance they would have a pair of black pointed-toe high heeled shoes small enough to fit her.... no luck today.... then off to TJ Maxx where I bought a few things in the housewares department and she hit up the clothes, she found shirts and a dress and a purse. We had lunch at Olive Garden and then I wanted to go to a flea market type shop that is huge with about 125 vendors. She was pretty sure she was not going to like it, but I was feeling no sympathy since I had spent enough money at TJ Maxx that she had to show some interest where I wanted to shop. So having been there before I knew some booths I particularly wanted to visit, but she kept telling me to slow down... there were a lot of shiny things there that caught her attention.




We met a lovely woman named Chi (like the tea) who had some fun name-brand clothes and lots that were small enough to fit a size 0. So we ended up with a very pretty beaded Jessica McClintock dress that she will be able to wear to next months formal for only $30 and some J Crew pants and tops that were amazingly cheap! She found a bracelet and ended up having a really good time.




Here is Molly looking through vintage purses at one of the shops. The other photo is one of my favorite shops. The owner had a lot of those vintage aprons from the 50's hanging everywhere. Although I didn't need any, they caught my attention. In fact it wasn't until I got home and downloaded the photos that I noticed the silver trays on the floor that I missed.




I'm back to work tomorrow....and glad that spring break is only once a year...

3 comments:

Saucy said...

Mother/daughter time + Macy's + TJ Maxx + Olive Garden???

= Nirvana!! With vintage shops to boot! Jealous.

Joan Fricker said...

It sounds like you had a very fun day Kay. And, you made memories!
Molly will probably get hooked on your vintage shops now!!!

Joan

Laurie said...

I love these vintage shops, and would really like to know if I can have a cutting off your money tree! I'll even pay you for it!
Laurie