Saturday, February 23, 2008

Today's Fun


Molly was working at the mall today and called me to tell me that they are having some really good sales and maybe she would get off work early and so she thought I should run down there and shop with her. Since I had to get groceries and was already mentally deciding what I might need at the mall, she didn’t have to ask twice, I decided to shop! The good news is that I saved $66.77.

I looked through the sale racks to see if there were some good deals, but there really wasn’t anything that really shouted “buy me”. I did find a summer shirt that I liked but it wasn’t on sale. Oh well….I bought it and moved on. Next I went to a store with a decent housewares section. I have been thinking lately that I need some blue in my house somewhere. I need a project and I’m going to be painting either my bedroom or the dining room again soon…and I think blue might be the color (still working it out in my head), so the blue plate jumped out at me. I love the little holes. I’m sure they have a name but for now, they are just holes…. I also found some very pretty Laura Ashley plates and mugs. The pattern is Celia. I am having a cup of tea using one of my mugs as I type and can hardly wait to have breakfast every morning using my new mugs and plates. I think it will be a great way to start the day. So, I got a pretty good deal on everything, and that’s where the savings came in! I love to buy dishes…. One can never have too many china patterns!

2 comments:

Kathleen Grace said...

I totally agree with you on not being able to have too many china patterns! I am a total dish freak and those rose plates and mugs are just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting:>) It's great to meet you!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

oooohhhh!!! Love the Laura Ashley plates and things!! Pretty!
Barbara