Thursday, June 5, 2008

Relay for Life



Friday from 4 p.m till Saturday at 4 p.m. is the Relay for Life in our town and you know what that means!!?? Of course the obvious is that teams of people will be raising money for cancer. Yes, that is correct, however it also means that for 24 hours people will be walking by my house with nothing to do but critique my yard, gardens and front porch!!! So the pressure is on to get the front yard mulched and flowers planted and porch spruced up a bit. I have been working on that project all week. I am also working on the inside of the house because my sister will be here this weekend, so I should probably even have some food available… And since it is so hot my sister will be spending the night, she usually spends the night at my parents home when she is here but they don’t have air conditioning upstairs so she will be here….using Molly’s bathroom ….that would be the one that looks like a tornado when through it… Yikes, I guess I better get off the computer and get busy!


Today's photo is of the bed at the lamp post. I planted begonias in there today after I brought home a couple flats of flowers from the somewhat local green house. It is REALLY hot and humid here and there is no break in the weather forecasted but I got everything planted.

1 comment:

~ Lindy ~ said...

The accomodations are awesome and the price just right!!! Thank you.....your visiting sister! :)