Friday, October 10, 2008

Shopping!!!


I love most anything Rachael Ashwell so I could hardly contain myself waiting for Target to open this week about a half hour from my home. Today I spent my afternoon shopping and my first stop was Target. I was actually disappointed though because the Rachael Ashwell line was only somewhat there, not at all like the State College store (an hour away) so I left disappointed. In State College the shabby chic line is evident even in the pet asile. About all I found in the Shabby Chic line at the new store were a few bedspreads and a shower curtain.... So I'm hoping that maybe since the store opened on Wednesday and I didn't get there till Friday that everyone else was waiting for the line also and they will be restocking... hmmmm. I did come home with a couple pairs of reading glasses that were in the dollar section! One can never have to many pairs of reading glasses. I also found a stuffed squirrel in the pet asile that I had to have. My Stewart sits and barks at squirrels every morning so he was pretty excited to get one of his very own! I also bought a bucket that is sort of oval and my mop will fit in it. So although I was disappointed about the lack of Rachael Ashwell stuff, I did find a few things that made me happy.


Last week I shopped at Kohl's (also new) and used the $10 gift card they sent me! I found a pair of shoes and I imagine the next time I need some retail therapy I'll go back and get the boots that I saw that were very comfortable. At my age if I wear a pair of shoes with a high heel all day usually by the next morning my hip hurts and I have trouble walking but I like the way boots make me feel, a bit taller and thinner and a bit less like a country hick! So, I imagine I'll have me a pair of Vera Wang boots next time I need some retail therapy!


I also decided to try out the new grocery store in the new shopping center. I had taken a virtual tour a week ago and was really excited to try that place out too.... Ok, so my critique on that is that it is so large that it was almost not enjoyable.... I did expect not to be able to find the stuff on my list since it is a new store but I didn't realize that since the store is so large if you miss an item on your list it is a pain to try to retrace your steps to find it again. They did have an adequate number of cash registers open to accomodate the shoppers and I didn't have to wait in line, but I decided that I might just stick with the Weis store that I am already familair with.


So that was my afternoon!

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Well Kay you yourself quite an afternoon. It will fun to hear about your follow up shopping trips.

Joan

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Love the bedding!

I am celebrating my 100th post by giving away a dressing table. Come take a peek.

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for weighing in on my recent post. Everyone's thoughts and opinions are very valuable to me.

oxox
Jennifer