Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Day to Lounge!


When I was in my 20's I worked at a university and it always closed between Christmas and New Year's Day. I looked forward to and loved that week off. A lot of my friends were home that week and we often stayed up late and caught up on life. I am a night person and loved that time to stay up late and sleep-in as long as I wanted. I could just lounge around without a care in the world. Just the way my daughter spends her vacation time, doing whatever she wants without a thought to anything else going on around her.


How I long for a couple of days with no responsibilities to read blogs and drink tea or do what ever I want while i finish up the leftover Christmas goodies in anticipation of the New Year. So today I made a cup of tea and relaxed a few minutes. Instead of grabbing a mug from the cupboard, I got out one of my tea cups and made an event of it. Instead of a few minutes I'd really like a few days of nothingness.... guess I'll keep dreaming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work for a university and did the same as you today. Lounged.

Knitting Kris said...

This is the first year I've had the week off to lounge, but I didn't do much of it! Your tea looks lovely and inviting!